Monday, February 1, 2010

Grandparent Gift

I finally took a picture of the gift I made my parents and in-laws for Christmas. I am not sure why, but somehow I ended up with no pictures of my creativity! I saw this phrase at a boutique I participated in, and immediately came up with this project. I used a board, some thin wood (for pictures),  spray paint, modge podge, pictures, screw eyes, and cup hooks.
First I sanded and painted the board and small squares for pictures. I wanted to do vinyl, but didn't want to PAY for it, so I used cardstock and cut the letters on my Cricut. I glued them on with the Modge Podge and then went over the entire project with the Modge Podge. I did the same thing for the pictures. Then I screwed in the hook and eyes and I was SET! Wahlah! That was it! The hardest part was waiting for the paint to dry...
The one in the picture was for my inlaws. They have three children, each are married, so each one got their own vertical row. The grandchildren then are under their parents. How cute is that!

*(And I have to say, I will totally take credit for the kid on the left! He is MINE and he is adorable!)*

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I've been to embarrassed to tell anyone about it. It's my way of expressing myself and feeling creative. I'll post something on my family blog about it soon. Thanks and good luck to you in this new endevor. I love seeing what you do. Can I post to my friends about your blog???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails