Friday, February 19, 2010

Paper Towel Roll Art

Here is another simple and cheap St Patty's decoration. I literally used TRASH! I had just thrown away a paper towel roll when I came up with this project. I have seen people blog about wall art with toilet paper rolls and I thought I could do my own spin on it. First, I zig-zaged some shiny green scrapbook paper into 4 quadrants as a background for my "art". Next,  I cut the rolls into small loops and painted each one. Then I glued 4 together. Then I glued those to the paper and folded in the edges to make heart shapes and glued again. Isn't it lovely?

I am linking up:


 
AND
 
Someday Crafts

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I would have never thought they were made out of tp rolls. I'm definitely going to try this.....I wish I was in my craft room right now, argh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci,
    Ok, that's just brilliant!! So glad you joined the party. This is super cool!
    happy crafting,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails