Saturday, February 20, 2010

St Patrick's Day Wreath

I think wreaths are adorable. (Beside the fact that they make my cookie cutter house a little less cookie cutter!) I didn't want the cheesy shamrock leprechaun wreath so here is what I came up with. I took a dollar store wreath form and wrapped it in burlap. I cut out circles in green felt and satin to make "flowers". I just hot glued them together and added buttons. To give them dimension, I added some hot glue behind the flowers and just sort of smashed them to shape them. I added a ribbon for hanging and that was it! I love easy!

I am linking up:

 
and
 

8 comments:

  1. Super cute wreath! I stumbled upon your blog, great ideas, keep them coming. We have a 2 year old as well, they sure do keep you busy. Jump over to my blog anytime you would like, it isn't fabulous but you are more than welcome to check it out. As you will notice I have spurts of inspiration. Looking forward to more.
    http://sweetelder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wreath ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blog....so cute! your fabric flowers are to die for!!!! love them! Found you courtesy of ucreate! Don't you love kari!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I like things that are a tad bit out of the norm. :)

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the burlap look, it makes it look earthy. The flowers are so cute with the buttons. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Traci!!! Your wreath is too cute! How funny to stumble upon each other in blogland! too funny! I'm definately becoming a follower so we can keep in touch, too bad you don't live closer we could craft together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Traci,
    So cool that you paired felt with burlap. Great combo! love it! thanks for joining the party!
    happy crafting,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this wreath!!! What a fun St. patty's or Christmas wreath!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails