Monday, March 1, 2010

Covered Pillows

These are the pillows that were inherited with the set of couches we have. They match the couch, but they are not really MY style. I have lived with them in my living room for about 3 years - Ahhh! (don't judge me!). It's almost embarassing. I think my house is pretty cute, but to overlook these ugly pillows for that length of time is a crime!  
To make it worse, I have also had these pillows (there are 2 of them) and red small couch/chair in the SAME room. (Okay, so THAT is even more embarassing!) Just look:

So I have a red theme going on, but ugly, non matching pillows. So here is my cute fix, some pillow slipcovers!


Now comes the sigh of relief! My mismatched pillows are not only gone, but FABULOUS!! 

I am linking up:

7 comments:

  1. I have just gone through the same thing, BUT I didn't take before pictures (bummer).I haven't posted pics but my pillows are pretty basic. Anyway they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to say your blog is super cute with some fabulous ideas! I will be browsing through:). And these pillows? SO great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!I think the "Indian pillows" were adorable! J/K - I did not even like them when they were here! I remember asking the delivery man if i had to take them! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the new pillows - you are definitely one talented woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it a rule for couches and chairs to come with hideous pillows? Great covers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pillows look great now!! I love the fabric!!

    I'd love it if you'd check out "Sew Cute Tuesday" at Creative Itch! I keep MckLinky open until Fridays so there's plenty of time to link up your fun sewing projects! http://thecreativeitchboutique.blogspot.com

    I can't wait to browse through your blog and see what other great ideas you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE what you did! I love the fabrics you used!! Great job, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails