Thursday, April 15, 2010

Where I've been AND the blue bench

Some of you might be wondering where I have been (at least I'd like to think so...) so here is a hint:


My parents came to AZ to visit and my son and I hitched a ride back to CA with them! Then we flew back home later! We saw tons of family and went to Disneyland and the beach:
I thought my kid would run around crazy at the beach, but no, the sand kept him occupied so I relaxed! (Okay, so you caught me! I might have SAT STILL one, just one, time on this trip!)

Before I left though, I decided to paint my porch bench. It was so weathered I opted out of the sanding and went stright on to painting and staining. Here is the boring before:

Then I painted and stained. It was ugly next to the colors of my house. I did this on PURPOSE so the dark stain would show through the white paint in the final step!
And here is the final product. I think it looks kind of beachy and weathered in a good way. I am still not sure if it "goes" but that's my story and I am sticking to it!

2 comments:

  1. I'd love some of your pictures Disneyland and the beach, they had such a great time with you and Wyatt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute bench. You should make some coordinating pillows!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails