Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Jewelry Organization

I have been planning (for awhile) to make an earring holder using a picture frame. I recently realized that I had WAY too many a nice plethora of earrings which would not fit in one small frame. And, I like seeing all my lovelies! So, while consulting my fabulous mom, we came up with this. I had clear vinyl and thread already, so I whipped this baby up quickly and cheaply! I zigzagged rows of pockets using different colors of thread. I made the pockets random sizes for all the different sizes of earrings. I put large eyelets along the top and used push pins to hang it inside a bathroom linen closet door. After it was hung, I realized I could put a few necklaces and even some hair pretties on the sides! (Looking at this, it probably wouldn't surprise you that I have cubbies for each pair of my shoes too. I am a crazy accessory organized girl, what can I say??) And this project makes me REALLY happy!


(And a close-up of my madness...)
And, since I am talking accessories, I have to tell you about my fAvORiTe pair of earrings...they look like these:
They are from a friend of mine. Check out her shop: Bloom by lovenit on Etsy




Photobucket
 




3 comments:

  1. That is a fabulous idea!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is madness, but in a very good way.

    Thanks for linking up with Sugar & Spice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails