Monday, May 3, 2010

A Little Tea Party

I'm back! I went (again) to my parent's house in California. When the hubby is working out of town, why not have a vacation, right? So I invited my nieces over to my mom's for a little tea party. I made cute little invitations with little hedgehogs on them and this cute little poem that I wrote:

Here’s your chance to get all dressed up.
Let’s get together, I’ll bring the tea cup!
Come to Grandma’s Wednesday for lunch.
We will have food and maybe even some punch!
I can’t wait! You won’t want to be tardy,
Because we will have a fun time at our little tea party!


I have seen cute tissue paper balls everywhere in blogland, so I followed Martha's instructions and made some of my own for decorations. These were super easy and cute!



I got the tea cups and plates at the Goodwill. They were a bargain at only $6 for 4 cups and plates!



I used damask print scrapbook paper as placemats. The food was traditional preschooler food, but I cut things up to be dainty. It was fun and my son even had a good time!



3 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I love Goodwill and you made out awesome with those dishes! I love that Wyatt loved the "tea" party too- so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome what a fun idea, i bet the girls loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is so sweet of you to do that for your nieces. The decor is lovely and that china what a bargin. The placemats, OMG who would have thought of scrapbook paper. Wonderful idea. My grandaughters love tea parties. I would like to use some of your ideas for our next one. Great blog. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails