Monday, June 28, 2010

$6 Skirt

It's hot. I mean it is really hot. We have been busy around here staying cool and sitting, yes sitting, in the cool air conditioning. My crafting has been slowed these past few weeks due to potty training. That can be pretty exhausting all itself, but I think we have managed to get through it and are now diaper free! Woohoo! My son is 2 years and 3 months and he loves being a big boy!
I rewarded myself with some fabric. And I made a skirt even! All in the same weekend! I recently heard about elastic thread. I admit, I got kind of giddy. Using it made me equally giddy! I took 1 yard of fabric, cut it on the fold, added some accent fabric to the bottom, hemmed it on top and bottom, then shirred the heck out of it with my elastic thread. I did sew some thicker elastic on the very top inside, just so my little one won't pants me at church! It turned out fabulous. I am thinking no more skirt patterns for me. This was WAY easier and faster! I am thinking I will be making many summer skirts now.
**Update: I should probably add that my elastic thread was $1.59 for a 30 yard spool. It is in the notions section with elastic. Mine was made by Dritz.
I am linking up:
Photobucket


post signature

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I am going to try to find this thread. It should be 100 today where I live. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I think in the late 60's early 70's we did that type of thing...but with the new threads and sewing machines it would be better than the "old fashion way"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that is super cute! Way to go you. I will admit I get a little nervous about the sounds of elastic thread...some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i featured you today :) come by and grab a button if you like!! also, link up a marvelous idea to M.M.M.!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i featured you today :) come by and grab a button if you like!! also, link up a marvelous idea to M.M.M.!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so darn cute! And it sounds super easy. I'm thinking I'll have to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute! I am your newest follower. Link up @PonyTails&FishScales every thurs/friday...

    terelauritsen.blogspot.com

    love your blog btw!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails