Monday, March 4, 2013

Scoop-Ahead Party Ice Cream

I am a *slightly* addicted Pinterest follower. There, I said it. Okay, so maybe the relationship is more than just *slightly* addictive. I was recently planning a big event where there would be about 100 people attending. My planning committee wanted to do brownies and ice cream. Easy enough, right? Well, it was the day of the event and I was dreading scooping out 100 servings of ice cream while people waited in line for it. Hmmm, what about that pin I vaguely saw about ice cream scooped ahead of time. I had never even pinned it. I thought that I would never have a need to serve that many people ice cream. (So I don't know who to credit here, but please know this was not originally ALL my idea).

So long story short, I pre-scooped over 100 scoops of ice cream into cupcake papers. Best idea EVER! When it came time to serve the ice cream, I just had to take it out of the freezer. Here's my take on the process. I scooped the ice cream and placed the cupcake liners onto a cookie sheet. Once the cookie sheet was full, I placed it into the freezer and put parchment paper over the top, (waxed would probably be better), then placed another full cookie sheet directly on top of that. It worked perfectly! HUGE time saver!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails